Sunday, November 30, 2014

Final Fantasy VII


Join me on the adventure of a generation, and we will play through one of the greatest games ever made. 

Cloud Strife, a SOLDIER with a troubled past must heal the planet, and his own fractured psyche, in order to achieve victory. 

In 1997, I wanted nothing more than this game. I didn't have a PlayStation, but my family had just purchased a new PC that could actually run the insane 3d. The machine was shared by all four members of my family, so I had to negotiate playtime (also I was 12). Late at night, I would sneak down the dark corridor through the center of the house, and into the computer room. With everyone sleeping, I would mute the speakers in preparation of the Windows 98 start-up chimes. The monitor remained black until everything was ready, and I would play my game for a few extra hours.




No comments: