Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Atomic Knight Beta 4.0


I've made some small changes to The Atomic Knight, the viral (not really), free, open-source, ASCII, DOS, arcade adventure game!

Here's what you'll be downloading!

- Now it's a DOS application! Hurrah! It should run a little better and be much easier to emulated in Linux. DOSBox should now work with The Atomic Knight.
- Changed the 8Laser, it is now much more powerful.
- Changed the default settings to improve game balance.
- I've included the source code, so go crazy.
- Added an ending for those who can master the game!

Enjoy, and let me know what you think!

Head over to the download page to download The Atomic Knight Beta 4.0.

If you run a DOS game download site, or something similar, feel free to host The Atomic Knight. The only thing I ask is that you check back for updates to the game and host the latest version!

I also changed the URL for all the Postmodern Software downloads.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new 8Laser!

Also, thanks for porting the game to DOS-- it's much easier to emulate in Linux ;)

Adam Schule said...

I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. scary games unblocked