Sunday, February 6, 2011

Proto Man 2



This is a Mega Man 2 romhack. I was not happy with the other Proto Man 2 romhack, although I did use it as a base. From there, everything was changed, from the graphics, to the title screen, to the palette, to the story, etc. The quality is very high, and I think fans will appriciate the little touches like the intro and an accurate palette and perfect sprites for Proto Man. Because Mega Man and Proto Man (in MM9, MM3, MM10, etc. are different shapes, romhackers of MM2 have to be a little creative with the sprites. These are the MM3 sprites which I developed for Proto Man 3, but fixed up a little bit. I used Tile Layer Pro, Nesticle, Hexposure, and Thingy to hack up this bad boy.

Mega Man 2 is much easier to hack than Mega Man 3. One only has to alter Mega Man's sprite once. However, editing the text was a major challenge, but I learned a lot about NES Text editing and I am 100% certain that I can now change any text in any NES rom. Anyway, if you don't like Mega Man 2 with a mullet, I hope you're a fan of Proto Man 2.

Features:

-Play as Proto Man in Mega Man 2
-New Title Screen
-New READY Message
-Changed palettes
-No awkward sprites/pixels!
-NEW INTRO STORY!!!

Download Proto Man 2!





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't defeat Airman!

8bitcity said...

Great song, lol

sbq92 said...

I like it! Very well done!

I have one comment, though. I don't know if your hack is incomplete or not, but on the "weapon get" screen, Protoman is still wearing the "undies," but he's supposed to just have a belt.

Anonymous said...

What emulator do you need for this?

8bitcity said...

I use JNES

Bacon said...

Does he work like he did in 9 and 10?

thainferno305 said...

why isnt protoman in megaman 4 ?

Adam Schule said...

I am not really good with English but I line up this very easygoing to understand. scary games

Lebron John said...

The fastest way to get Bless Unleashed Star Seeds!

Attached link: https://www.iggm.com/bless-unleashed-star-seeds

SEO said...

Nice https://www.iggm.com/bless-unleashed-star-seeds