Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Stop SOPA

I'm sure most of you guys have heard about SOPA, a bullshit bill designed to give corporations unlimited power to force the government to shut down websites they don't like.

Under fire, among other things, would be sites like this one that offer things like screenshots, video game music, and remix/pastiche works of original creation. Basically, if SOPA passed, I'd have to seriously consider, not just ceasing production, but permanently deleting most of this site. Then I'd cease production, with my website gutted.

Wikipedia blacked out there site today. No one online supports this bill, but TV, music, and movie conglomerates continue to ruin the world for everyone else. Most people take a tolerant tone on "preventing piracy," but I say fuck the media companies. Their TV, music, games, and movies are total shit. No one cares if you go out of business for peddling lowest-common denominator fluff and rotting peoples' minds for the last 60 years. Its time to move on.

Oh wait, we did. 14 years ago.

1 comment:

Pix3l said...

I was thinking the shit was only in my country...
I hope the sopa will not pass!