Sunday, August 5, 2012

Download Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar for FREE (Legally!!!)



The Ultima IV tileset is enjoying surprising amounts of traffic, so I thought I'd follow up with another cool download. This came as a nice surprise, but you can actually grab Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar on gog.com 100% for free. It's hard to complain about free. They've also got deals on the other Ultima games as well, so check those out if interested. Don't listen to any haters talking about the games "not aging well." Those people can gtfo my internet.

The PC version is much better than the somewhat-butchered NES port, but I like the NES box art (pictured above) a little more. I suppose the NES version has it's charm, but it's still more of a curiosity than anything else. Thankfully I've had the PC version since the days of AOL, so I never bothered with the NES port.

The NES port of Ultima III: Exodus, on the other hand, is quite brilliant.

1 comment:

Benjamin Fennell said...

It's worth noting that both the Worlds of Ultima RPGs are also available on GOG for free now too - Savage Empire especially is one of my all-time childhood favorites, and it's aged very well. Definitely worth checking out.