Monday, April 21, 2014

Live 1/2 NES-a-thon!




NES-a-thon is typically a term used to describe 24-hour non-stop NES sessions. This has always been a goal of mine. I know that I won't make 24 hours today... but I'm pretty sure I can use today as my practice 1/2 NES-a-thon! (Marathon runners do the half marathon thing... same concept here).

Come check it out in my twitch channel (www.twitch.tv/Robot2600), or just watch it here on 8-Bit City. If you actually go to twitch, however, you can chat, yell at me, curse, and be a general public nuisance. I would obviously go that route, but the choice is yours!

I'm going to start things off with Castlevania 3. If you have a request I'll play at least a few minutes of it. I'm not uptight or elitists like some twitch bcasters either. Unlike some of the bigger streamers, words and "spam" don't bother me and your insane antics will only serve to amuse and delight.

So let's talk about the games a bit. I've never beaten Castlevania 3, although I'm getting better at it every day. Lately I've been playing SMB3, Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, and Rygar... so expect those guys to show up over the next 12 hours.

Hopefully, with this practice session I will be able to complete one of my life goals: to play NES for 24 hours, stream it live, and document the entire thing with text as well. I don't have a set date yet, but maybe in a few days? Let's do 12 hours first.

Here is the live stream for today:





No comments: