Monday, December 19, 2011

Krull Atari 2600 Ad



Krull is a great game for the Atari 2600. I posted about it two years ago when I discovered the game and spent a while conquering its quests.

Although it's difficult to read, the bottom right section of the ad pretty much explains the entire game... kind of a bummer actually. In any case, the desire for realism in games is present, with the box claiming to really "take you there," i.e. inside the movie. The movie sucks, but this game remains a true classic.

1 comment:

MetalFRO said...

Beg to differ on this. I've only played the Krull 2600 game once or twice (emulated, mind you, tracking down an original is probably a chore), so I can't speak to the game's quality. However, I think the movie Krull gets a lot of stick because it's a somewhat generic fantasy/adventure film. That's true, I'll grant, but it's not as terrible as many people say. Sure, I'm looking through rose-colored glasses because I enjoyed the movie as a kid, but even as an adult I still enjoy it. I watched it again the other day for the first time in a couple years, and despite some glaring flaws, it's a fun and harmless film that is certainly more worth watching than half the dreck in the theaters these days. In any event, I still think it's a decent flick that is more maligned than it needs to be. Not to mention James Horner's excellent score in the film.