Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past Nintendo Power Scans



What can one really say about such classics that hasn't already been said? I'll let these Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Nintendo Power scans speak instead.

These are from Nintendo Power Issue 34, 1992 - the same year Link got his 16-bit update on American shores.

I've been in a Link to the Past mood lately. Although this game takes a while to really get started, once you can explore the world it's a really great adventure. It would have been nice for less linearity, but the puzzle and dungeons were some of the best!

I think everyone got stuck at least once playing this game, if only for a few minutes.

Even though I didn't have the game as a kid, I had this Nintendo Power and I would read about the items and get a feel for the quest. Eventually I'd play it of course, as well as every other game I read about in Nintendo Power.

This was the very first game I emulated.

When I got a job at 16, it was also the first game I bought for my Super Nintendo.

Nintendo Power was filled with LttP curiosities, and as I track them all down, hopefully I can upload them for everyone. In particular, the Link to the Past comic book, which spanned 12 issues (or more?) should probably be my next project! It's over 100 pages so I'll have to think of something more clever than PNGs.

Enjoy the gallery!













2 comments:

Matthew St. Cyr said...

Oh man, this brings me back! I wish I still had my old NP issues....I had a ton of them! Should have never let them go. :(
I remember borrowing Link to the Past from my sisters boyfriend....and I was completely amazed by the game!

Matt Dickinson said...

I've been meaning to get back into this one before I sell my SNES or DS Lite (I have it on GBA). I rented a SNES from Blockbuster at the time in order to play this game, I think, or maybe it was SFII, or both. Probably both.

Anyway, I was a part of that small club that preferred Landstalker and Beyond Oasis on the Genesis, as far as 16-bit action RPGs went. I'm sure Zelda: ALTP (correct acronym??) is one of the best, though!

(Need to play Sweevo's World, too, if I'm such a Landstalker fan :) Oh and Congo Bongo...